1960 Jaguar MK2

€129,000.00

SPECIFICATIONS: Engine: 3800 ccm 220 HP * Drive type: RWD * Left hand steering

We can get this car delivered worldwide.

Quantity
Last items in stock

  • Security policy (edit with Customer reassurance module) Security policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
  • Delivery policy (edit with Customer reassurance module) Delivery policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
  • Return policy (edit with Customer reassurance module) Return policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)

About The Jaguar MK2

Launched in 1959, the Jaguar Mk2 offered a noticeably improved driving experience over its predecessor, the Mk 1 saloon, courtesy of revised front suspension geometry, widened rear track and four-wheel disc brakes, which came fitted as standard. Ergonomic improvements were achieved by increasing the cabin glass area by almost 20 per cent, whilst narrower front and central body pillars gave the car a more refined appearance without noticeably affecting torsional rigidity. The evergreen Jaguar XK engine was employed once again, with a 220-hp 3.8-litre high-performance version – poached from the leviathan Mk 4 saloon – being available in a ‘mid-range’ Jaguar saloon for the first time, in addition to the 2.4- and 3.4-Litre options carried over from the Mk 1.

More than 84,000 Mk2 were produced between 1959 and 1967, of which just over 30,000 were 3.8-Litre versions. With spirited 125 mph performance—and a 0–60 mph time of 8.5 seconds as opposed to 11.9 seconds for the 3.4—the 3.8 was immediately in demand, and some 15,583 right-hand-drive 3.8s were manufactured, of which this is one such an example. Significantly, this is a very early car from the first full year of 3.8-Litre Mk 2 production and, as with most Jaguars, it is either the very early or very late production cars that typically are considered the most collectable.

The car is presented in the classic Jaguar colour scheme of British Racing Green with tan leather interior and was extensively restored in Italy roughly five years ago, having covered less than 3,500 miles since completion. While the car’s early history is not known, it was first registered in Italy in 1990 and has remained in the Milan area until the present day. Originally supplied with Borg Warner automatic transmission, as denoted by the BW chassis number suffix, it has since been converted to the more desirable manual 4-speed (with overdrive) gearbox in order to maximize the available performance. Furthermore, the original engine was at some point replaced with a later Mk 2 3.8-litre engine.

1 Item